Dr. Caitlin Iorio hails from Lancaster, SC from a family full of very strong women. Her life is defined by hard work, resilience, determination, and gratitude. Caitlin’s upbringing granted her the opportunity to be grateful for life in its simplicity while also driving her to aim for success. Her perseverance and dedication to empathetic patient care is unmatched.
She holds a bachelor’s degree in Biology with a minor in Medical Humanities from the University of South Carolina Honors College. It was in college at USC, that she began her medical humanitarian work during her first trip to Haiti to care for orphans following the devastating hurricane. Staying in the southeast, she completed her medical training at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, SC. While in medical school, she was awarded multiple merit-based scholarships, an NIH grant for research in endoscopic skull base surgery and also tutored nursing students in anatomy.
She then traveled to Charlottesville, VA to complete her 5-year surgical residency in Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose, and Throat) Surgery with the University of Virginia (UVA). Under the tutelage of world-renowned facial plastic surgeon and former American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS) President, Dr. Stephen S. Park, Dr. Iorio began refining her surgical craft in cosmetic and reconstructive facial plastic surgery. UVA is well-known for training talented surgeons in Facial Plastics as they are a powerhouse in Mohs skin cancer reconstruction, facial reanimation, cosmetic surgery, and trauma. She was awarded multiple research awards during her residency and started a wellness intitiative for the residency program.
Dr. Iorio then spent the final year of her training imbibing every drop of expertise Dr. P Daniel Ward could offer and falling in love with the Ward Institute. She was Dr. Ward’s first AAFPRS-accredited Fellow and too good to let go! She completes her fellowship with Dr. Ward in June 2023 and is ecstatic to stay on with the team.
Caitlin has always been inclined to the arts with her history of dance, music and painting. Her goal as a Facial Plastic Surgeon is to promote confidence, while also doing something she truly loves, art. In her free time, she enjoys being outdoors, snowboarding, running, hiking, concerts, spending time with friends and family, and traveling. Her passion for life and the beauty that it can bring are what make her an exceptional surgeon who her patients can trust.
- Facelift, necklift
- Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Lift)
- Brow lift
- Eyebrow transplant
- Liquid rhinoplasty
- Chin augmentation
- Cheek augmentation
- Facial contouring
- Buccal fat removal
- Reconstruction of Moh's skin cancer facial defects
- Scar revision
- Ear lobe repair
- Injectables including neurotoxin and filler
- CO2 laser
- Lip lift
- Gender-affirming surgery
- Member of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Member of The Triological Society
- Member of The American Academy of Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery
- Board Eligible in Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
- Board Eligible in Facial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery
- National Lecturer providing education to surgeons and medical students
- Former University of Virginia Lecturer, teaching Head & Neck residents
- Completed Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery residency at the University of Virginia
- Completed American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship with Dr. P. Daniel Ward of the Ward Institute
- Graduated Summa cum laude from the USC-Honors College with degrees in Biology and Medical Humanities
- International publications in both book chapters and journal articles
- Speaker at International and National conferences in Facial Plastic Surgery
Our Beautiful Space
Just a little extra thank you to you from the bottom of my heart for taking on my marathon' surgery with such kindness and care, I am beyond thrilled with my progress and can see the end result is going to make me a very happy girL!! After years of struggling with severe anxiety, which took years of my life away to a point that I no longer recognized myself in the mirror, I feel as though you have helped me reclaim my Life # confidence and for that, I am forever grateful to you! Thank you!...
The entire team at WardMD is incredible. Special shout-out to Dr Ward's fellow, Dr lorio, who did a stunning job on my nose. It is only a week post-op so I'm still very swollen but I'm already so happy with my results. Dr Ward's intelligence, expertise and bedside manner are second-to-none. I paid more for my procedures than what I had been quoted from other surgeons in the valley but I would do it again & again & again! What better investment is there than your face?...